Saturday, June 21, 2014

Bowling pin set

Just finished knitting this cute set of bowling pins and bowling ball for my niece. It was my husband's idea to make the scared faces, and I think it makes the pins so much cuter. This was about 20-25 hours of work. 

Yarn is Knit Picks Comfy Sport in various colors, double stranded. Pattern for pins and ball is from "50 Yards Of Fun" by Rebecca Danger. 

There isn't anything in the bottom to make the pins stand up, no plastic or beanbag or anything, so it can sometimes be difficult to make the pins stay upright. But they can't be too weighed down or they won't fall over when hit with a knitted bowling ball, so it's a toss up. We will see how my niece and daughter, who will be there for the unveiling and will certainly also want to play with them, like these. I expect they will end up being used for something other than bowling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment